MX schedule is out!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Not sure how i feel about Cooksey but he did put out an interesting video on why motocross riders are broke. Lots of behind the gate detail on the outdoors.

All that money going to MX Sports is just crazy. Glen Helen told them to stick it, same with WW and Muddy Creek. Losing money to host a pro event is unbelievable, but operantly true if his number are correct.
He goes into the Cart / IRL split and how bad that was for open wheel. I really think it COULD be just the opposite for MX. One would think it would be rather easy for a small group of promoters/track owners to get together and basically run them out of business in a few years.
Yes, the factory teams have to run the MX Sports stuff to fulfill the contracts, but the dude running 15th and back don't. A competitive series paying double or even triple by using profit sharing would pull all those guys. With the high rate of attrition due to injury and short careers, the MX Sport series would have a hard time getting "gate fillers".
I have said it 100 times but AGAIN, if the AMA would truly be on the racers/rider side, they should lead this change. Its not a "union" its an organization of the racers. You know, the reason anyone goes to watch these races. For the life of me, I can not come up with a single reason the AMA would go along with the current arrangement UNLESS they are getting a big kickback from Davy.

Sorry to get slightly off topic... Three of 12 rounds in a state that that hates internal combustion and would not let them race last year. Yet the region that stepped up gets nothing. Oh, and notice no Loretta's... WHY? Because Davy did not get his guaranteed money form the owner.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Pro Cornhole kills me.
Where is the money coming from? You have to ask yourself. In the "world championship" they have MAYBE 100 people in the crowd. Crappy time slot for TV coverage. Sausage company sponsors. Yet they got 100K for a purse? MX Sports and AMA Pro Racing is making a killing off the backs of racers. Several being minors (Outside of motorsports I can not think of another professional series that allows minors)
Drives me crazy the racers will not stand up for each other. It would only take ONE event. No privateers show up and see what happens. Yes, most people show up to see the big names. But would you be okay making the trip to your local pro national, drop what $50 on a ticket to see 10-15 dudes line up on the gate? The average fan knows the Toesmack, Rockzen, That French Guy but they want to see a crash (Well with AC9 I guess they will still get that) and like it or not, the lappers add excitement.
Like Coocsey, Kooksey, Cooksey, Koocsey whatever said. Its not about giving all the money to the riders, Just make it more inline with other sports.

At 51 you really understand what a toll the sport takes on your body. From 16 to 26 you don't think about that. That is why WE (and this includes all of you weather you realize it or not) need an organization that is ONLY about the racer.

John250

PR Founding Father
Yeah, I don't get not having one race in the south east. Florida, Alabama or Texas. Probably should be two between those three states.

AMA Pro Hillclimb at the Oregonia, Ohio season final pays Hillclimbers more than a AMA pro motocross or SX. As crazy as that sounds. They get 6-8000 through the gate and pay a percentage of the gate to the riders. They make more off that round than probably all the other rounds combined.

I agree with Chris, the purse needs to be changed. These "gate fillers" that are in the show, literally are losing money unless they have outside sponsors paying the bills. That's crazy. Because without them in the show, there is no show, or a pretty short and boring one.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I think the tv time slots are where a large majority of the MX sports fees go. The episodes can’t be cheap. Plus all the banners, putting up those structures each race. I’m not saying that the series coordinators are turning a profit, but I’m guessing they spend a s**t ton too

Toddco327

PR Addict
I think the tv time slots are where a large majority of the MX sports fees go. The episodes can’t be cheap. Plus all the banners, putting up those structures each race. I’m not saying that the series coordinators are turning a profit, but I’m guessing they spend a s**t ton too
“It’s just an 8% loss”

Couldn’t agree more with this statement. Everyone always thinks it’s so cut and dry. But everything costs something. Digital layouts of logos. Banners. Garbage bags. Zip ties. Wireless internet. Everything cost something.

I’m just happy that we have a few races that are reasonably close that we can go watch. And I hope for good racing.

hershey

PR Elite
I always thought tv qpaid for the right to cover the sport. Viewers equals commercials, commercials pay.

Mx sports isn't paying NBC a dime.
Screenshot_20211110-203428_Chrome.jpg

Toddco327

PR Addict
NBC is in competition with CBS FOX and other networks for football or like sports. We need them more than they need us. There are multiple channels dedicated to that sport alone. We are just trying to get a few hours a month.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I would imagine a mega sport like football or the nfl you have networks bidding on those to host them because of the advertising dollars that are mostly guaranteed to occur. For motocross where it’s us coming to them, they’re probably looking at them like I look at track rentals. Yeah sure I’ll rent it to you but I need what I would have made on this , and I can only do it on this day because it’s not a prime time for me. Oh and bring your own sponsors because I don’t want to work that hard. I bet they pay, and it’s a higher than your willing to admit

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Well I'm no expert on tv marketing, just some dumb dirt farmer. Maybe its slight of hand, maybe they don't pay NBC, but there's a reason it costs so much to host a national. Its not 100% what you guys think either. I highly doubt it. If what you say is true, then we should be able to get our local races televised???

hershey

PR Elite
Well I'm no expert on tv marketing, just some dumb dirt farmer. Maybe its slight of hand, maybe they don't pay NBC, but there's a reason it costs so much to host a national. Its not 100% what you guys think either. I highly doubt it. If what you say is true, then we should be able to get our local races televised???
Local races don't have a viewership large enough to entice big name advertisers to pay for ads during prime time.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Local races don't have a viewership large enough to entice big name advertisers to pay for ads during prime time.
Given this, what are the chances the advertisers aren't willing to pay the amount of money to float the TV time during an national episode, so Mx sports/promoters are paying the majority of it, and using the series sponsors to make it look legit? Either way, I highly doubt they are charging 100k just because. I know you guys like to make Mx Sports look like the big bad wolf, but is there a chance they want to gain exposure for the sport at all costs? How much dos this TV time allow the elite racers to achieve their lucrative sponsorship deals?? There just might be two sides to the story......But I yield to the experts here once again!

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Given this, what are the chances the advertisers aren't willing to pay the amount of money to float the TV time during an national episode, so Mx sports/promoters are paying the majority of it, and using the series sponsors to make it look legit? Either way, I highly doubt they are charging 100k just because. I know you guys like to make Mx Sports look like the big bad wolf, but is there a chance they want to gain exposure for the sport at all costs? How much dos this TV time allow the elite racers to achieve their lucrative sponsorship deals?? There just might be two sides to the story......But I yield to the experts here once again!
I agree in that we just do not know 100% what and where the money is going. Understanding that in some respects, we know where it's not since we're closer to that side. In that, it must be enough to them as they still go even though you feel they shouldn't... Not your dream they're chasing I suppose...

I would think the MX Sport Monster as you make them out to be understands the fact that if there are no racers, there isn't a show. Sure, I'd think they are trying to profit themselves all they can in the deal, but wouldn't you or do you act as a charity and take food from your own family's table before taking it from others due to the goodness in your own heart?... I just do not have enough info nor am I willing to dig to find out what the dealio really is. That's not to say I totally disagree either with EVERYTHING being said, just that I admit that I do not know...

“One of the great challenges of this world is knowing enough about a subject to think you’re right, but not enough about the subject to know you’re wrong”