Pro motocross

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
First round thoughts. 250 class is stacked and going to be good all year. Deegan is flying and so is kitchen. Chase needs to get over the hump and beat Jett one Moto and have some momentum. Hunter suprised us all I believe with his raw speed. Pala sucks one of the worst tracks if not the worst track on the circuit. Need to move it somewhere else. Hangtown track is no good too. First few laps these dudes are insane with their sprint speed. Going to be a fun year of watching

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I think hunter will be the first to beat Jett. It’s going to be a Lawrence bro showdown all summer and for the next few years. 250 class was so good. I don’t like the deegs but the kid is stupid fast, give credit where it’s due. I think 250 class will be deegs, kitchen and vialle all summer

Meister

PR Founding Father
I actually thought the track looked half decent yesterday.

PC is stupid for putting Masterpool on a 250 the day before. Shoulda had him prepped n on the big bike for outdoors.

Deegan has some grit like him or not.

Levi showed that speed that made me a fan his last year at lorettas.

Hunters only going to get stronger.

Chase has it and one slip up from Jett is all its going to take as long as he stays off the ground. The Honda looked way stronger than the ktm.

Roachy

PR Addict
I actually thought the track looked half decent yesterday.

PC is stupid for putting Masterpool on a 250 the day before. Shoulda had him prepped n on the big bike for outdoors.

Deegan has some grit like him or not.

Levi showed that speed that made me a fan his last year at lorettas.

Hunters only going to get stronger.

Chase has it and one slip up from Jett is all its going to take as long as he stays off the ground. The Honda looked way stronger than the ktm.
Agreed

John250

PR Founding Father
The 250 class is missing what, 4 or 5 fast guys? Deegan got a gift. I believe chase wins some motos this year, Hunter grabs a couple and AP or Cooper 32 grab a moto win.

Pala and Hangtown have always sucked. Hangtown even worse. Few years ago they had that stupid half wall section.

If Jett runs away with it............boring.

John250

PR Founding Father
The riders today are soft. It was 80 some degrees yesterday at Hangtown. They were talking about the heat. Deegan had a "cool" vest on and these guys have fans on their handlebars. I remember Jeff Emig rolling to the gate at Troy one year. It's a out 100° out with 100% humidity and he rolls up wearing all black gear. Just to mess with everyone else.

C9qCSHDXoAYiPhz.jpg
20240602_124214.jpg
20240602_124120.jpg
20240602_123820.jpg

Carlisle

PR Member
The riders today are soft. It was 80 some degrees yesterday at Hangtown. They were talking about the heat. Deegan had a "cool" vest on and these guys have fans on their handlebars. I remember Jeff Emig rolling to the gate at Troy one year. It's a out 100° out with 100% humidity and he rolls up wearing all black gear. Just to mess with everyone else.

View attachment 80049View attachment 80050View attachment 80051View attachment 80052
Wtf? The riders today are soft? How about the whole young generation are a bunch of pre-Madonna entitled pussies!!!! These punks would never have made it back when I was a kid. Back then they had discipline and punishment, and I don’t mean timeout!!! s**t my brother got paddled in 4th grade by the principal !! I was watching live when they showed deegan walking around the gate with his cool vest on and him thinking he was looking cool. All I could think was look at that feathered hair what a fag!!! He wouldn’t last 1 day in boot camp!!!! Bahaha.

Strouble

PR Addict
That ride by Sexton was awesome! One of the best come from behind rides ever.

Well…motocross has grown to a science like many other sports. Keeping your core temp down is science. Checking blood/body analysis for what foods, etc are best for the individual athlete is science. Computer data analysis of the motorcycle is science.

Going flat out week in week out is passion! Plus the money is better these days, thankfully.

I would be willing to guarantee that the bodies of these modern motocross athletes would last longer than athletes in motocross 20+ years ago barring a few select exceptions.

These riders also have grit just like the riders of old. Every era of riders has big mouthed and big ego personalities. Motocross basically breeds self-assured athletes because it is a one man sport once you’re on the track.

Yes, the overall cultural attitude of Americans today…young and old, I would agree with…you can witness that anywhere.

John250

PR Founding Father
When was the last time you heard of a rider riding hurt? s**t even a slow guy like me. I broke my wrist when someone banzaied into the first turn at Frankfort 10 days before Loretta's. I took a grip to the doctor with me to make sure it was set to put my thumb under the grip and off to Loretta's with a cast. Cut and old glove and electric tape to hold it on.

Check out the clutch hand.
FB_IMG_1585449520290.jpg

Strouble

PR Addict
Last time a guy rode hurt…Webb, Tomac, Wilson, Barcia, Jett for starters.

Heck, I have sat in staging and on the line in some hot days…if someone wants to hold an umbrella over me, give me a cooling jacket, and a fan on my handlebars…please do! Poor man version is a cool rag on the neck.

Today’s riders are all about riding at peak performance and are paid to do so. The teams also encourage letting injuries heal before getting them back out there. I’m glad teams care about the well being of the riders.

Coming back from injuries is a brave thing too.

I am going to side with the riders on this one. Not getting my britches in a twist because I don’t like a rider.

I for one, can’t even dream of being able to do what these riders do. They have more grit than me.

I stand with motocross and the development of the rider and bike that has made professional motocross more professional.

If you want to race professional motocross, you have to have everything in place.

Grittiest rider of all time (that I have witnessed) would be Roczen, Webb, Reed, and Pastrana.

That’s a fun question…grittiest riders of all time?

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
After hearing stew talk about the riders gaining confidence and momentum with seeing jett's crash. The second moto that seemed to come true. I felt like I saw the intensity change for some and maybe more riders felt like they had a chance.

In my own experiences this has happened to me, after seeing the lineup you sorta "know" how you'll do without even starting the race. It's very hard to change this mindset imo, especially after racing the same people year after year.