Let's go.......RETRO!

Thats a 1993 Yamaha graphic. One of the ugliest years ever. Even the pink in 91 and 92 were better than the purple years. Wish they would have gone with the red and white from 1988.......that was a great looking bike.

Actually, I believe the retro kit looks more like the 1995 YZs

125yz95.jpg

The Honda looks pretty cool. The shrouds look pretty cool on the RM, but the way they have a faux radiator shroud/tank look is bogus, and the rear numberplate setup is pathetic.... They should have done the Kaw in 1987 Ron Lechien/Jeff Ward livery. In my mind, proper retro is 1985-'87. Just my preference. --L*64

Check out this, Marty Tripes Factory Honda FOUND!!!

MARTY TRIPES'S CLAIMED WORKS HONDA RC250 FOUND

Comments from Jerome Heiberger, who raced the bike after it was claimed...

I remember racing back in the late 70's and early 80's, I was a local expert ranked at the top of my class for a number of years.

I met John Roeder at the local race track and we became friends, I remember that weekend at the Hangtown National, watching Marty Tripes win the 250 class. It was awesome display of talent, as he blew away the competition. Afterwards when John claimed the bike, all I remember was all the controversy and how upset Honda was.

It was a week or two after that when I asked John if I could race the bike, surprisingly he said yes and gave me the bike to race for a couple of weeks...

Read and see more...

http://www.vintagefactory.com/marty_tripe.htm

Back