Two questions - 1. Neck brace and Vet Day at TV Land

loneranger171

PR Addict
Nope... Never bought a bike and had to wait so long to ride it... Getting acccupuncture today and hope to ride this weekend sore or not... Gonna have to suck it up

wbecker

PR Member
As a Vet rider, I never wore a neck brace until this year. Ironic that the thread is "neck brace and TV Land" because for anyone at TV Land over Memorial Day weekend (on Saturday), I was the Vet rider (40+ class) taken out in the 2nd moto (coming out of the first corner over the table and into the double/single). Came around the first corner and in the air someone took me out over the table. I went head first into the first jump on the double/single. Slammed me hard. Long story made short, helmet was destroyed and I didn't really know where I was laying there on the track. Back and ribs were extremely sore for weeks. I believe more so from taking the impact (helmet into the neck brace). However, without that neck brace, I hate to think what could have happened to my neck and head and frankly, whether I would be walking today. Point is, you don't even notice the neck brace riding. My son is just learning to ride and I went and got him a neck brace because you don't know what kind of freak accident can happen. The technology is available. Find a neckbrace that is comfortable and get it!

John250

PR Founding Father
As a Vet rider, I never wore a neck brace until this year. Ironic that the thread is "neck brace and TV Land" because for anyone at TV Land over Memorial Day weekend (on Saturday), I was the Vet rider (40+ class) taken out in the 2nd moto (coming out of the first corner over the table and into the double/single). Came around the first corner and in the air someone took me out over the table. I went head first into the first jump on the double/single. Slammed me hard. Long story made short, helmet was destroyed and I didn't really know where I was laying there on the track. Back and ribs were extremely sore for weeks. I believe more so from taking the impact (helmet into the neck brace). However, without that neck brace, I hate to think what could have happened to my neck and head and frankly, whether I would be walking today. Point is, you don't even notice the neck brace riding. My son is just learning to ride and I went and got him a neck brace because you don't know what kind of freak accident can happen. The technology is available. Find a neckbrace that is comfortable and get it!

I wear a neck brace...........but this could open Pandora's box again!

hershey

PR Elite
I also wear one, like Sharc said it wont help with the riding soreness. You need to do what makes you comfortable. I switched from a Leatt to the Atlas. It is a much safer design and it has more room for your helmet.