Winter Projects Re-re-re-re-visited

My bike has been at the frame doctor for the past 10 weeks, coming home Thursday.
Rear section of the frame was twisted. So they fixed that, then the pipe didn't mount correctly. Fixed that.
Then they noticed the shocks were off and determined the swingarm was also twisted. Fixed that!
Also had them mount the air box. Hope to ride it this weekend at BC.
DSCI1932.JPG
DSCI1936.JPG
DSCI1935.JPG
DSCI1949.JPG

My bike has been at the frame doctor for the past 10 weeks, coming home Thursday.
Rear section of the frame was twisted. So they fixed that, then the pipe didn't mount correctly. Fixed that.
Then they noticed the shocks were off and determined the swingarm was also twisted. Fixed that!
Also had them mount the air box.

Where does the frame Doctor operate? And how did this fine motorcycle get so bent out of shape?

k01 - Framecrafters, just NW of Chicago. http://www.framecrafters.net/index.php
I'm very impressed with the detail they went through to make sure it was correct.
How did it happen? Not sure. It's been like this since I've had it.
They believe it is an original Profab frame, circa late 70's and at some point it was crashed.
I'd still like to find a Profab swingarm.

Thanks AHRMA361!

Last edited:
New to the old bike scene and I'm almost done with a 1989 yz250 non current project. Started with two POSs. One YZ one WR. Between both got most parts. Actually getting ready to sell all leftovers which will be a complete rolling chassis minus motor. If anyone needs parts let me know. Made my 2000 wheels fit, polished singarm And using newer brake calipers with oversize rotors.

Most my new parts are OEM from Rocky Mt. Waiting on a few from DC Plastics including graphics. Ceet racing has replica seat covers for all older YZs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 199
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 250
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 199
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 196
k01 - Framecrafters, just NW of Chicago. http://www.framecrafters.net/index.php
I'm very impressed with the detail they went through to make sure it was correct.
How did it happen? Not sure. It's been like this since I've had it.
They believe it is an original Profab frame, circa late 70's and at some point it was crashed.
I'd still like to find a Profab swingarm.

Thanks AHRMA361!

Do you have any time on the bike yet? Looks like a little wear on the side cover?
The swingarm on the bike now looks way trick!

It'll have new bright red seat cover and I bought two sets of graphics from DC plastics one is traditional red yz/ 250 logo set other is a gun-metal grey set. I have two sets of shrouds and plan to do one in each color.

The one I like least will go on bike when my son rides it...

image.jpg

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Not sure if this counts, but I'm having a 7 X 12 with 12" extra height built by Car Mate Trailers. Here's where their at so far. The silver thing is the ramp door it's covered with aluminum and 3m grip tape.

Work has begun for me. I picked this bike up in the weeds at my fiances uncles house. (The bike spent 15 winters there :)). Its an 81 SR185. Shooting for a cafe style cruiser. The wheels are torched but nothing a little tlc wont fix. Heres a pic of the wheels before i started (right) and after a night of a few beers and sandpaper (left). Rust was deep so alot more sanding to come.
20151022_232123.jpg

20151022_232115.jpg

Reactions: DTS
Looking for some advise....my 84 RM 125 ....is there any reason I should switch from the stock Mikuni 34mm flat slide ? I hear Kehin has a 35 MM that will work but will that be illegal? (AHRMA rules ) The new Mikuni will have a idle screw and is an upgrade from stock...

Attachments

• 2015april 001.JPG
    2015april 001.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Back