Loretta Lynn's Flooding

WOW. That's crazy. Did the ATV race happen last week before all of this, or was it cancelled?

We got the ATV race in, it was a monsoon for my moto on Saturday, but nothing like that. The pictures and videos are just unreal.

The FEMA Mapping data looks fairly accurate. At least from videos that I've seen. The shaded area in the attachment is the Zone A flood plain. Which means we know it will flood here, but nobody has studied it to give it an elevation. Pretty damn good guess on the limits though.

Attachments

• FEMA's National Flood Hazard Layer (NFHL) Viewer.jpg
    FEMA's National Flood Hazard Layer (NFHL) Viewer.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 141
Here is Waverly, it actually has studied areas, and a regulatory flood way.....that means they know about it........

Attachments

• FEMA's National Flood Hazard Layer (NFHL) Viewer2.jpg
    FEMA's National Flood Hazard Layer (NFHL) Viewer2.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 110
Simply unreal. Makes me think of our flood last March, but it was not a rushing/sweeping flood such as that. The water just kept coming up until it came up 3 feet in the garage and filled the basement to the top...not the entire first floor like down there. So crazy and heartbreaking some of the stories coming in from down there...whether they knew it "could happen" or not. Flood waters do not discriminate...

I don't have the link here, but I guess Pleasure Valley is having semi trailers or something to load up stuff to take down there at this weekend's race.

Back