Jody

hershey

PR Elite
Just a funny paragraph that resonates with some discussions on here..

Screenshot_20211129-211027_Chrome.jpg

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Funny you posted this. I almost did yesterday when I saw it. Totally reminded me of discussions on here. If I didn't know better, I would think a certain someone got a new job under the media name Jody...lol.

Last edited:

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I would really like to see where / who gets that money from the title sponsors. Putting all the blame on the AMA feels unrealistic to me. I don’t see MX Sports letting the AMA have all that money. But between Feld/MX Sports/AMA you can bet your ass they are getting 100% of the pie. Cause the racers sure are not.
I know you guys hate comparisons to other sports but it really is the same. There is about to be a lock out in baseball. You have 30 super rich dudes (the owners) vs. the player association (the over paid players) arguing over even more money.
No, motocross is no where near the same dollar amount. BUT it is a dollar amount. And the racers don’t even know how much money is out there, let alone getting any of it.
before you overreact and say “moto is different”… no it’s not. It’s still money. It’s a job for the players the same as it’s a job for the racer. Why do the racers have no voice?
“Good for the sport”. I know I have said that more times then I care to remember. And I take it all back. The owners and players don’t give a crap about what’s good for the sport. They only care about what’s good for each of them. We already have one of those in moto. It’s way past time for the racers to take the same mindset.

hershey

PR Elite
It's amazing to me that the racers have to pay to race in pro mx and sx. Imagine telling football players they had to pay to play in the NFL.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I would really like to see where / who gets that money from the title sponsors. Putting all the blame on the AMA feels unrealistic to me. I don’t see MX Sports letting the AMA have all that money. But between Feld/MX Sports/AMA you can bet your ass they are getting 100% of the pie. Cause the racers sure are not.
I know you guys hate comparisons to other sports but it really is the same. There is about to be a lock out in baseball. You have 30 super rich dudes (the owners) vs. the player association (the over paid players) arguing over even more money.
No, motocross is no where near the same dollar amount. BUT it is a dollar amount. And the racers don’t even know how much money is out there, let alone getting any of it.
before you overreact and say “moto is different”… no it’s not. It’s still money. It’s a job for the players the same as it’s a job for the racer. Why do the racers have no voice?
“Good for the sport”. I know I have said that more times then I care to remember. And I take it all back. The owners and players don’t give a crap about what’s good for the sport. They only care about what’s good for each of them. We already have one of those in moto. It’s way past time for the racers to take the same mindset.
I get what you say there. You are talking more in equal percentages more so than dollars figures. Yeah, I'll be the first to say that I haven't a clue what's out there and who is...or is not getting what. Does seem more so given to the "owners" per say, but is it? Are we giving the riders all our sport can support? Don't know that either, but hopefully the answer is not quite... I agree it does not seem to pay equally by percentage in MX as compared to other sports.

In that, you cannot say that the "owners" don't give a crap about what's good for the sport. That's a ridiculous statement as you know, they are businessmen and in the end, if the sport they are part owner in grows, so does their bank account....

It's amazing to me that the racers have to pay to race in pro mx and sx. Imagine telling football players they had to pay to play in the NFL.
I do also agree with that one. Why should the pros at a pro venue have to pay? Is that to keep the amount of riders coming to an event at bay? I wouldn't think so as that is the smallest amount of what it costs for them to race I would think... No???

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I have no problem with a signup fee. This is not a team sport that plays in a home stadium.
I do have a problem with the fee AMOUNT compared to the purse.
SO for this we should compare it to NASCAR or any other professional motorsport.
Nascar signup fee = $4,300 per race. wow. But last place pays $8,500 on average
Pro Moto fee = $250 per race Last place pays $424 on average.
That is pretty comparable.. right?

NOPE
Look at the total purse. Moto = $36,000 or 175% payback
NASCAR = $4,167,000 or 2,250% payback

Monster is paying NASCAR 20 million a year for naming rights. What do they pay for Supercross? No one knows because they (MX Sports/ Feld / AMA) don't tell you.

Is that "good for the sport"?

Scoob, Think about what you just said. The owners care about their bank account. Very true, but That is NOT the sport. Paying more to the riders hopefully keeping them in the sport longer. Build that name recognition. That builds the sport and profits.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I have no problem with a signup fee. This is not a team sport that plays in a home stadium.
I do have a problem with the fee AMOUNT compared to the purse.
SO for this we should compare it to NASCAR or any other professional motorsport.
Nascar signup fee = $4,300 per race. wow. But last place pays $8,500 on average
Pro Moto fee = $250 per race Last place pays $424 on average.
That is pretty comparable.. right?

NOPE
Look at the total purse. Moto = $36,000 or 175% payback
NASCAR = $4,167,000 or 2,250% payback

Monster is paying NASCAR 20 million a year for naming rights. What do they pay for Supercross? No one knows because they (MX Sports/ Feld / AMA) don't tell you.

Is that "good for the sport"?

Scoob, Think about what you just said. The owners care about their bank account. Very true, but That is NOT the sport. Paying more to the riders hopefully keeping them in the sport longer. Build that name recognition. That builds the sport and profits.
They aren't totally comparable, but in MX last place gets back around 170% where last place in NASCAR gets about 198%. If an MX'er got $198% payback for last place or $494 does that make it all warm and fuzzy?....

Now total purse is a different story. I'd guess that has to do a lot with sponsors and the amount being paid in by others. You think Feld, MX Sports, and the AMA are clearing what NASCAR is?... I get you though, but within reason...

And yes, owners do care about their bottom line, no question. Do you go to your job out of the goodness of your heart and not care if you get paid? Granted, different bottom line, but you get what I am saying? I'd bet some owners are owners because they love the sport in which they own in, but some...no chance. Just as greedy and in it for the money as in any role. Some are just more greedy and worried about getting theirs than others...

I dunno. I'm not saying changed couldn't be made, but it has to be able to be supported long term "for the good of the sport". I haven't a clue what that looks like. I admit, I am unedumacated there. I barely have an idea what's good for the sport of Scoob and I own the entire industry. See, you're different. You've figured out the sport of ck1racerx hand over fist so you have the time and knowledge to fix other owners. I do not.

Best of luck my friend! Merry Christmas! ;)