TENTATIVE LL's classes for 2022

Vet261

PR Addict
Mike Brown stated last year he would not race both 45 & 50 for 2022. (now he can't race 45 anyway since it's sportsman).

He stated he would continue racing +25 because racing the "kids" keeps his edge. Not sure if he will race 40 or 50 though, my guess would be 50 since it's a new class/title for him.

John250

PR Founding Father
I've always felt Loretta's is a "Amateur" National. It is not a race for pros. I think all age classes should be B/C classes. Add a Vet pro class and be done with it. Guess that makes too much common sense.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I don't believe that to be possible, technically. You may be able to disect it with a transponder system, or if you snuck in the scoring tower and asked the girls if you could see their hand written sheets. Looking at a results page, you wouldn't be able to I dont believe.
Yeah, in classes my classes run with, especially this year getting back on the bike after a brief hiatus, not sure I'd care and/or want to know...lol.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I've always felt Loretta's is a "Amateur" National. It is not a race for pros. I think all age classes should be B/C classes. Add a Vet pro class and be done with it. Guess that makes too much common sense.
Simply, remove all designations. That way the local A guy isn't affected. The determining factor should be, if youve made a pro national main or a sx night show, you're only eligible for Vet Pro.

It'll never happen because too many big sponsors that help riders also sponsor the race which means that mxsports has to bend over for them to keep their deals, or so they think.. Lorettas would go on forever and ever without a single pro racing it. The draw would remain. Lorettas would die if every Amateur stopped racing it.

Vet261

PR Addict
Anyone that wants to waste several hours check out the replies on FB to the LL post about changing 30 back to Sportsman. LOL

ck1racerx

PR Addict
You guys really crack me up. You always want change to make it easier in YOUR class. It’s never something that would actually make the sport better. The ex-pros bring something the rest of the field don’t or can’t, name recognition. That brings attention and keeps people like us talking about it. “No such thing as bad publicity”.
If you don’t like it, don’t support it. Your money speaks louder. If they are only getting those 10 ex-pros on the gate then you can bet your ass they would make a change. But, the sheep will still follow.
It’s the same think locally. Guys started crying “I just started, I can’t beat the B guys”. Ok, here is a C class. Oh, still can’t win that one? Well here is 250 C Jr. (which is basically “I’m not good enough for the other two schoolboy classes, so give me another one).
it’s just continuing to dilute the talent to where a “national championship” means nothing. In the end come August, those gate will still be full and the cycle will start all over again.

hershey

PR Elite
You guys really crack me up. You always want change to make it easier in YOUR class. It’s never something that would actually make the sport better. The ex-pros bring something the rest of the field don’t or can’t, name recognition. That brings attention and keeps people like us talking about it. “No such thing as bad publicity”.
If you don’t like it, don’t support it. Your money speaks louder. If they are only getting those 10 ex-pros on the gate then you can bet your ass they would make a change. But, the sheep will still follow.
It’s the same think locally. Guys started crying “I just started, I can’t beat the B guys”. Ok, here is a C class. Oh, still can’t win that one? Well here is 250 C Jr. (which is basically “I’m not good enough for the other two schoolboy classes, so give me another one).
it’s just continuing to dilute the talent to where a “national championship” means nothing. In the end come August, those gate will still be full and the cycle will start all over again.
Lmfao.....the "amateur" national championship means nothing when ex pros are the ones winning it. Loretta Lynn's isn't about ex pros, people don't go there to watch them. They had thier day, the reason the class got changed back is because of ex pros crying they didn't want to race the younger guys and possibly get beat.

I don't think you understand the meaning of amateur.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
From looking at this from more of a sideline perspective. I can see where its cool to ride with Ex Pro's, I mean you cant tell me that if your on the track with Mike Brown, and you see him go by, that your not just a tad excited. Id bet you a cooler of $100 you tell that story at some point before the week is over. On the flip side, there definitely are super human guys out there that defy laws of time, like Mr. Brown, thta make it tough on the normal above average true amateur vet racer. I think the world is better with the Ex Pro's in it. The world needs heroes. Now is it fair? Well life's not fair. Should there be a 30+ (open or sportsman)? Yes. Should there probably be a 30+ B/C at LL, most likely. I think everyone has good points. At the highest of high levels which is the Amateur National Championship there should be both. Because it is about the experience as well as the racing.

AND NO this does not translate to the OMA. If we had 10 A guys consistently racing, I could see it, this means at the Night series as well. So sit down B riding vets.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Like I said 100 times, or tried to convey atleast... The A rider in this instance (b/c) is getting the short end for sure. This is why I've been of the variety that this should be an ex pro issue. Not an A rider thing. The two are very different. Like daboza says, the only difference between the A guy and the A guy is the choice he made at sign up. Specially locally. He's very right. However, you cannot convince me, regardless of age, that skill sets match from an a/b guy to a guy who has made pro national mains. It's obvious when looking at results. Ive never been pro speed, and like a buddy of mine says, at this age I don't think I even want to go THAT fast.. lol..

Simple as this, if you've made a pro national main or a supercross night program, you're only eligible for the exhibition Vet Pro class, and no other age class. Remove all the stupid designations at Lorettas. This alone will make racing way more competitive. Sorry if it hurts Mike browns feelings.

If they did make it to where ex pros weren't eligible for vet A classes, I'd probably ride A too. Even at vet fest, I got no problem getting out ridden by a guy like daboza, but when Kelly Smith is out front greasing the leap (which is absolutely monstrous compared to when I hit it).... Not even in the same realm.. The ex pros are cherry picking more than any other group of riders. They play the I'm old card about riding real A or pro classes, but then tell "normal" people to work harder. Some of us are working hard! How about they work harder n ride the faster class like they're capable of with effort. The BC regional will be a blow out of ex pros in the sportsman classes. I don't have the time or willingness to blow money to cherry pick a "slower" regional in Texas or out west.

hershey

PR Elite
Like I said 100 times, or tried to convey atleast... The A rider in this instance (b/c) is getting the short end for sure. This is why I've been of the variety that this should be an ex pro issue. Not an A rider thing. The two are very different. Like daboza says, the only difference between the A guy and the A guy is the choice he made at sign up. Specially locally. He's very right. However, you cannot convince me, regardless of age, that skill sets match from an a/b guy to a guy who has made pro national mains. It's obvious when looking at results. Ive never been pro speed, and like a buddy of mine says, at this age I don't think I even want to go THAT fast.. lol..

Simple as this, if you've made a pro national main or a supercross night program, you're only eligible for the exhibition Vet Pro class, and no other age class. Remove all the stupid designations at Lorettas. This alone will make racing way more competitive. Sorry if it hurts Mike browns feelings.

If they did make it to where ex pros weren't eligible for vet A classes, I'd probably ride A too. Even at vet fest, I got no problem getting out ridden by a guy like daboza, but when Kelly Smith is out front greasing the leap (which is absolutely monstrous compared to when I hit it).... Not even in the same realm.. The ex pros are cherry picking more than any other group of riders. They play the I'm old card about riding real A or pro classes, but then tell "normal" people to work harder. Some of us are working hard! How about they work harder n ride the faster class like they're capable of with effort. The BC regional will be a blow out of ex pros in the sportsman classes. I don't have the time or willingness to blow money to cherry pick a "slower" regional in Texas or out west.
Making mains? If you've held a pro card you should be out.

Vet261

PR Addict
Meister I like how you are trying to reason with people on Vital. HAHAHAHAHA.
My life was a lot better last year by not looking at Vital forums. I only got back on there to enter the Xmas drawings. I'm giving myself until 1/31 to look at the forums there and then I'm going back into avoidance mode.

There really is no answer for the LL Vet classes other than what they have setup recently with some being sportsman and others open.

If you have Vet B/C, then you really need Vet A also or you hose a ton of people. Also Vet B/C is nearly impossible to police.

I like one idea that I saw posted somewhere:

Rotate the sportsman designation around each year. They sort of have been doing this but not officially.
For example, one year 30 and 45 are sportsman, 40 and 50 are open (like 2022). Then another year 30 and 45 are open, 40 and 50 are sportsman. Etc.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
LL2021.jpg

One of these guys is not like the others
One of these dudes just doesn't belong
Can you tell which guy is not like the others
By the time we finish our song?