Dungey coming back

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
1) Dungey has won every major title in American motocross and supercross.
2) He won the world's largest international motocross race, the Motocross des Nations three times.
3) He has seven major AMA championships.
4) Dungey is tied for sixth place in all-time 450 Supercross race wins (33) and sixth place in all-time Supercross combined wins (44).
5) He holds the record for consecutive podium finishes in Supercross at 31.
6) In all-time 450 motocross overall wins, Dungey is second with 39 to Ricky Carmichael and ahead of Bob Hannah.
7) He is third place in all-time combined (250/450) motocross overall wins (46).
8) Finally, he is in fourth place in all-time combined Supercross and Motocross wins with 80 total race wins.

Ok.......Mr. Expert
How boring. Stfu.

weaver658

PR Member
Next week will be the race I want to see. Dung has won in Colorado i think 5 or 6 times. Toesmacks "home" race. If those two don't walk the dog, then Red and Mr. Anderson are the real deal.
Anderson suffers from altitude sickness. It will be interesting to see how he does this weekend.

bruceb

PR Addict
How boring.
Georgie, that shows that he is successful. And, as much as it pains me to agree with Hershey, Ryan is boring, always has been; probably always will be. The closest he has ever been to stylish on a bike was when he reached down to hand shift the KTM at a SX, and that was more determination than style. The only time he did a pre or post race interview with any excitement was when he called JLaw an embarrassment to our sport. Neither Michele or Troy could attend that race, so I think Blake was keeping an eye on Ryan...I knew that was a bad idea.
Of course given the choice of being exciting or being boring and able to retire as a multi-millionaire at age 26, I will gladly be as boring as hell.

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
Georgie, that shows that he is successful. And, as much as it pains me to agree with Hershey, Ryan is boring, always has been; probably always will be. The closest he has ever been to stylish on a bike was when he reached down to hand shift the KTM at a SX, and that was more determination than style. The only time he did a pre or post race interview with any excitement was when he called JLaw an embarrassment to our sport. Neither Michele or Troy could attend that race, so I think Blake was keeping an eye on Ryan...I knew that was a bad idea.
Of course given the choice of being exciting or being boring and able to retire as a multi-millionaire at age 26, I will gladly be as boring as hell.
Careful now, don't get associated with agreeing with me. Bad news lol.

Amazing how everyone wants to bring up my beliefs on him personally as a reason I'm not impressed by him. A story so far blown out of proportion it's ridiculous yet continues to get worse.

I absolutely admire the guy for his unbelievable riding ability, one of the all time greats for sure. I wish I would have ever had half his speed and ability.

But anyone still thinking Dung has a snowballs chance in hell of being in the title hunt after this weekend is just hanging off his balls lol. 50 secs down first moto and 45 second. Went 6th and 7th, no way he is even in the podium hunt for the season. Actually so boring at this point, even the broadcast team practically forgot about him after being all the rage last week.

And I do agree with Bruce's last statement as well, he did the right thing his entire career.

hershey

PR Elite
Yeah but Hannah, Johnson, Stewart, Carmichael, Windham and Reed all retired pretty damn well off AND were exciting. That would be my first choice, then the dung route.

John250

PR Founding Father
I put Windham in with Dungey on riding style. Sure he did his pre race SX stuff, but on the track he was not flashy.

hershey

PR Elite
I put Windham in with Dungey on riding style. Sure he did his pre race SX stuff, but on the track he was not flashy.
Seriously ??? Yeah he was a smooth rider with talent but he let it hang out pushing to beat RC straight up. He did amazing things that most couldn't on a track that was very exciting.
Windam was a could have, should have.
Dungey is a never had but showed them all
What? That makes no sense at all, what are you smoking right now?

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Kevin Windham (born February 28, 1978), is an American former professional motocross racer.
At 17 he received a full factory ride from Team Yamaha.
He has raced for many factory teams and holds several titles, back to back AMA 125 West Supercross Championships in 1996 and 1997, the 2005 Motocross des Nations team championship, and 2nd in points for the 2008 supercross season.
In 1999 Windham won the United States Grand Prix of Motocross held at Budd's Creek, Maryland.

Despite his longtime status as one of the world's fastest motocross racers, he has yet to win a major (250cc or 450cc) National or World Championship.

He is better known by the nickname K-Dub on the racing scene.
He announced his retirement from racing at the third round of the 2013 Supercross season.

...So just how many did Kevin take from Ricky ? by letting it hang out and pushing?

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
Kevin Windham (born February 28, 1978), is an American former professional motocross racer.
At 17 he received a full factory ride from Team Yamaha.
He has raced for many factory teams and holds several titles, back to back AMA 125 West Supercross Championships in 1996 and 1997, the 2005 Motocross des Nations team championship, and 2nd in points for the 2008 supercross season.
In 1999 Windham won the United States Grand Prix of Motocross held at Budd's Creek, Maryland.

Despite his longtime status as one of the world's fastest motocross racers, he has yet to win a major (250cc or 450cc) National or World Championship.

He is better known by the nickname K-Dub on the racing scene.
He announced his retirement from racing at the third round of the 2013 Supercross season.

...So just how many did Kevin take from Ricky ? by letting it hang out and pushing?
He took wins from Ricky in 08 I believe? First guy to do it an over a year. That was the year he came back after taking a break. And it was exciting to watch!

You keep looking at this from your point of view and applying it to me. Last time I'll say it .... I couldn't care any less about who wins what championship, I care about watching races and seeing riders giving it their all in order to pass other riders and go for the win. That's it. Fantastic rider, lots of talent hard work and dedication. An all time great. But Dung simply isn't that guy to rode with excitement. He is a calculated machine caring for nothing more than being safe, consistent and winning titles. Works for him, works for you and many others. He did it right, just not why I watch MX.

Take this weekend, Anderson, Sexton and Tomac. They were doing everything they could to get up front and stay there. Anderson and Tomac both coming from way back to win motos. Not settling for 3rd place. Sexton cleaning out layperson who were still in his way in order to try get and stay up front. Exciting.

hershey

PR Elite
I saw an interview that dungey said he was at about 85 percent on his speed. I say if he can get to 100 percent he will absolutely get top 3s by the end of the year
Dude, he was 50 sec down from the lead. That's half a lap almost just for perspective

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Dude, he was 50 sec down from the lead. That's half a lap almost just for perspective
True but they still have 20 motos left and obviously just looking at last year you saw how many people flaked out. After injuries and crashes I think if he stays consistent and keeps getting faster he can win a moto or two before the end of the year it’s all about the start and track. I don’t necessarily think very many pros ride the cali tracks good in my opinion. I think by the time they leave cali there over it

John250

PR Founding Father
It's two weeks. Dungey is just getting back in the groove. He is not going to wad himself up in the first couple weeks.

I think as they go back east Dungey will only get better.

Vet261

PR Addict
I know we don't like facts on the Internetz, but.....

Pala:
Tomac finished 1:03 behind moto 1
Anderson finished 1:34 behind moto 2
Craig was 30+ seconds behind both motos

Hangtown:
Anderson 27 seconds behind moto 2 (and got the OA)
Roczen 29 seconds behind moto 1 and 31 seconds back moto 2
Tomac 31 seconds behind moto 1
Craig 44 seconds behind moto 1 and 37 seconds back moto 2

The only 450 racer who hasn't been completely smoked by the leader so far is Sexton.