Chest protector

jfalat

PR Addict
Been wearing a fox roost 2 for a long time. It’s seen better days…so it’s time for a new one…don’t seem like there are many chest protectors available any more. For the guys that still use them… what’s are you using.

Reactions: k01
I'm running an Alpinestars under jersey most of the time - but every now and then I wear my Answer over the jersey. MSR must have bought them from the same manufacturer because it looks very similar to the answer one I have.

Looks like it's called the MSR Blockade. I don't like bulky chest pro's personally.

I went down a rabbit hole before Daytona. I wanted more protection than my fox one i wore under my jersey. Come to find out most typical hard chest protectors arent even ce rated. Theyre mainly labeled as roost guards. I considered an rxr and still may eventually. I like the air technology but i wasn't sure which one would be the right choice because i dont like bulk. I settled on one if leatts contraptions. Its got the front, back, shoulder, and elbow ce level II protection. I thought it may be "too much" but after wearing it at Daytona, it really wasnt bad at all. Plenty vented as the whole "jacket" is thin mesh.

I recently switched to the slayco knee guards too. Similar to the tp199s but a little more form fitting which is nice.

old fox protector was light, but not really any crash protection.. i really would like to find something similar but just seems like the days of over the jersey chest protectors is going away.. i need to find a good old school one on ebay.

Been wearing a fox roost 2 for a long time. It’s seen better days…so it’s time for a new one…don’t seem like there are many chest protectors available any more. For the guys that still use them… what’s are you using.
I have worn the RXR one for years, has air in it to help with an impact

Just a couple of weeks ago thought I found a too good to be true deal on one of these. Apparently it was too good, the Ebay seller didn't ship and sent a refund. I started wearing the JT stuff way back when and these things have saved me from injury many times.
Screenshot_20240522-210327-931.png

You can call me an old school hack rider, but I'll never ride a track without an over the jersey chest/back protector. Especially after this last crash I had.
The two chest protectors that I have, both show signs of some hard hits. And now that I'm used to it, I feel only half-dressed without my Leatt neck brace, (which my loving caring wife bought for me without me asking).

Last edited:
I have been wearing this, so far so good.

Leatt has a lot of different chest protector options available with various levels protection based on what you're looking for. I currently wear a 1.5 model and love it, considered a roost guard in CE certification but super vented and comfortable to wear inside or outside the jersey. If you have any questions shoot me a message, I'm the outside rep here in Ohio/PA.

Back