High Point Day in the Dirt!

alphado

PR Founding Father
Screenshot 2024-07-31 071946.jpg

dang, lots going on all weekend. would probably be a blast. might have to try to do it.

i was eyeing up big hill jam at CGI in SC that was this past weekend, I was close to pulling the trigger on that event but my other half decided she needed to get surgery on her hand friday instead.. unreal. this might make up for missing that!

We expected it to be like the videos that we saw of the Florida event. Easy going, tamed down MX with some trails through the woods, beer stops, roads, etc. Turned out to be half the MX track with some gnarly single track through the woods.

I went down hard Friday in practice and got banged up. Had an early race Saturday morning, MX track was slick. I signed up for +50 Beginner/Novice 2-stroke but they ran all the 2-strokes together! Probably over 200 riders out there at the same time. I wasn't comfortable with the pros flying by me in the single-track so it was what is was. Sunday my son Joe and I did the Moto A Go Go race together. That was a little more spread out so it was fun. Cool band Saturday night.

Ton of people there, I hear 800 individual riders with over 2300 entries. It wasn't cheap, but we would probably go back next year with better class decisions.

Last race of the day was the Blackwater Survival Race. We made our own beer stop handing out Miller Lite to the guys coming by on the to hairpin turn where we were pitted.

Hat's off to Joe, his POS KTM 250SX wouldn't start again so he did it all on a KLX140.

Haven't camped at a track in probably 20 years. Is it the norm to have noisy generators running all night? That was annoying.

Haven't camped at a track in probably 20 years. Is it the norm to have noisy generators running all night? That was annoying.
Ear plugs are a must anymore camping at the track, it’s crazy how inconsiderate some people are with generators anymore :(

We expected it to be like the videos that we saw of the Florida event. Easy going, tamed down MX with some trails through the woods, beer stops, roads, etc. Turned out to be half the MX track with some gnarly single track through the woods.

I went down hard Friday in practice and got banged up. Had an early race Saturday morning, MX track was slick. I signed up for +50 Beginner/Novice 2-stroke but they ran all the 2-strokes together! Probably over 200 riders out there at the same time. I wasn't comfortable with the pros flying by me in the single-track so it was what is was. Sunday my son Joe and I did the Moto A Go Go race together. That was a little more spread out so it was fun. Cool band Saturday night.

Ton of people there, I hear 800 individual riders with over 2300 entries. It wasn't cheap, but we would probably go back next year with better class decisions.

Last race of the day was the Blackwater Survival Race. We made our own beer stop handing out Miller Lite to the guys coming by on the to hairpin turn where we were pitted.

Hat's off to Joe, his POS KTM 250SX wouldn't start again so he did it all on a KLX140.

I find that running my generator and ample coors light helps a lot. Somehow the sound of my own generator helps me sleep. It might be a science thing, not sure.

Ear plugs are a must anymore camping at the track, it’s crazy how inconsiderate some people are with generators anymore :(
Generator noise….It’s like white noise to me. Reminds me of being in the field with a leaky temporary tent. I sleep good with those damn things RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHING along.

Back