OMA-District X

faithlove617

PR Addict
sidecarMXmeme.jpg

Raptor149

PR Member
I'll reserve my judgement of how OMA treats quads until more info is released. But I will say I hope we're treated fairly - on race day AND practice day - at every OMA track.

Tim hitthe nail on the head in terms of how many quad riders perceive the Ohio mx scene and how we are treated by many promoters ( with few exceptions like Jeremy). Disagree? I challenge you to find an open practice post that doesn't say "bikes only" on this forum. And Jeremy's right, saying quads take more prep is BS.

I credit Jason at Malvern for trying to give us a separate practice day this year, but we all know his schedule conflicted with the nationals. I say, give us the ruts! If prep is your excuse, just give me track after the bikes are done. I'm not some nit picky 2 wheeler who needs a golf course to ride.

MX315

PR Addict
Every time a track has open quad practice nobody shows up that's the problem.....Dirt world tried...smith road tried....beans lets quads ride but only gets one or two at a time.

Raptor149

PR Member
Every time a track has open quad practice nobody shows up that's the problem.....Dirt world tried...smith road tried....beans lets quads ride but only gets one or two at a time.

my point is, I have no problem riding with bikes. It doesn't have to be a quad-only day.

MX315

PR Addict
No bikes like riding with any quads! That is a problem! Hahaha sorry bud! No place is big enough for both but the cliff.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Quad only practices are a bad business decision. Lets assume, Malvern, who arguably gets the best quad race turnouts, could get the same number for practice, 50-60. Thats still a bad day. Why even attempt it? Especially when you could get 100-150 if you run them all. Most quad guys know nobody would show up, so why go? Same thing happens when an mx race is perceived that it will not be well attended, bike guys wont show as much. It actually would be the same as me trying a womens only practice, or a 50cc only practice. Then when I get 5-10, i would say well they wouldnt support it, so i dont need them. They wouldnt suppoort their own day! Not trying to argue, just trying make a point. Everybody wants to be where everyone else is going, its nature of the beast.

Sounds like raptor149, just wants to ride, we need more raptors.

hershey

PR Elite
I still beg to differ on the prep for quads......at the cliff the prep.doesn't change bc he only gets a few quads. Yeah the prep technique is the same but how can you argue that they don't pack the dirt flat and hard quicker....bringing the dust much faster than bikes? The dust at bike only races and practices isn't near as quickly seen. Add in 50-60 quads at a race and you have to prep more....

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I still beg to differ on the prep for quads......at the cliff the prep.doesn't change bc he only gets a few quads. Yeah the prep technique is the same but how can you argue that they don't pack the dirt flat and hard quicker....bringing the dust much faster than bikes? The dust at bike only races and practices isn't near as quickly seen. Add in 50-60 quads at a race and you have to prep more....

I have watched them prep for a quad national where there are 500-600 quads, I do four times the prep for 100 bikes. Rebuttal?

hershey

PR Elite
Blah..... I am only speaking from local tracks and CRA stuff. I guess that is all going to change in OMA anyway.......

hershey

PR Elite
LOL, it was a night race!!!!!!!!!!!!

My point being no one complained because there was no dust....not because they like hard pack

If it was as dusty as most of the local races have been at one point or another Im sure there would have been complaints.