Winter Projects Re-re-re-re-visited

dmx153

PR Founding Father
My Goodness...
For all of the Suzuki's that surface in you guy's part of the state, one would think there's a factory nearby.

Anybody up there ever own a Kawasaki or Bultaco? :D

Hahaha Mike good one! I had to travel to Wintersville to pick this one up. The '83 was pretty much in my backyard though.

beenridin

PR Elite
C'mon. Buy this Homda!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 166

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
I really need to find the inspiration to get back to working on the 1978 RM125C project. These pretty Simons forks and Fox shocks are just sitting in a box, waiting to "spring" back to life.....

Simons_Fox.jpg

baxterj787

PR Addict
Scored a 2006 YZ125 a month ago for $600. LH radiator and crank are toast, but the cylinder / clutch / tranny are safe. Shift follower was already updated too. PC exhaust and intact bodywork. I am excited to hear the little bike hum this coming spring!

D

DTS

Keep that 125 two stroke class alive Jason....

Im so excited. I plan on riding only this bike next season if the suspension ends up being as good as my Suzuki. That also means Emily will have my Suzuki all to her self, and won't have to share with me. haha

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
I don't know why I am still such a sucker for basket case bikes.....Troyan went to Detroit to pick up an original, first year, red 1971 Suzuki TM400, also known as the "career ender" and this 1978 RM125C came home with it. I still haven't even restarted the "cream puff-garage queen" build on my other nice one and here now I have this roach.

Pro's: It does have spark and good compression, brand new Mikuni, air filter and seat cover.
Con's: Somebody welded the kicker onto the shaft, mounted some 1980 Honda CR125 shocks, the rear sprocket is toothless, tires shot...and the worst thing is it came with a bag of Brand New DC Plastics! (not pictured)

78_rm_roach.jpg

Mike

PR Addict
Christmas come early. I have been looking for an 84 RM250 to build for next years AMA 50+open class tired of trying to keep up on my 125. Picked up a really nice 250 and it also came with a 84 RM125 parts bike. So the 84 125 front end will upgrade the 81RM125 along with a new top end & clutch. The 250 is being torn down to the frame and will be a complete rebuilt including the 125 rad's and gas tank just like the 84 factory bikes, the UPS/FED Ex guys have been making a pilgrimage to my front door this week.

187.JPG

Attachments

• 187.JPG
    187.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 177

Vet261

PR Addict
Nice!

Do you know how to do the 125 tank conversion? I wouldn't mind doing my 250 but have no idea how.

Mike

PR Addict
yamaha097[1].jpg

Your are correct 1974 DT100 & DT125, when I was 15 years old I worked all summer saving for a DT100, spent many a nights looking at the brochure, when my mother took me to the local Yamaha dealer he didn't have a 100 in stock but he had a 125 that his wife had used as a demo, only had 150 miles on it and he sold it to me for the same price as a 100. These bikes were my "reentry" in to the world of motorcycles after a 25 year break. I found the DT125A in a barn in Kentucky, only had 3,200 original miles, the owner couldn't get it started, pretty rusty but all there. It was a total restoration job except the paint, it has a small dent in the right side of the gas tank but I love the fact that it has the original paint after 40 years. Its street legal, I run around Dublin OH in the nice weather, its a ton of fun and every single trip somebody stops me and talks about their old bike, or the brothers etc. plus at 60 mpg its cheap transport. The DT 100 just moved on to a new owner this week, I think I reached the "FAMILY" max for motorcycles 4 in the garage, 2 in the basement, and 1 in the office. So I was strongly encouraged to get rid of one, on the positive side it went to a great guy who want to teach his kids to ride and fix it up.

There's an even better story about the dealer that I bought it from.........

Tell us about those enduros. '74 125 and 100?

Last edited:

NQ1965

PR Elite
Its street legal, I run around Dublin OH in the nice weather, its a ton of fun and every single trip somebody stops me and talks about their old bike, or the brothers etc. plus at 60 mpg its cheap transport.

This is what I was kind of rambling on about in the Suzuki GT380 thread in Vet forum. I've got a 1975 Kawasaki KH100 street bike also, and it's a ton of fun bepopping around town on also. Like KO, your Yammies caught my eye more than the RM's did.

After I watched Little Fauss and Big Halsy again a couple years back, I've been unable to stop thinking about them old DT's. And a street legal Enduro model would be a blast.

And DTS_akron's got one sweet CR also.

Kinda makes a guy just want to have 1 of them all doesn't it ?
THANK GOD FOR MOTORCYCLES ! ! !..... LOVE IT