I take a few months off... man, you guys are boring....or gay jet ski thread

KO - Last weekend at Chippewa Brooke was at a stop & just boobing in place when Greg Nailed her from about 30ft.
Brutal - funny as hell- but brutal at the same time. Always watch Greg

Never seen anyone do that on a Blaster.
I was out of the sport before the Blaster even showed up on the scene - but still.
I don't think I could get onto the hood-?
Now I'll have to give a try ---!

Where you at in that vid ? Looks nice.
Got a public ramp? picnicking area ? beach ?

Last edited:
KO - Last weekend at Chippewa Brook was at a stop & just boobing in place when Greg Nailed her from about 30ft.

Never seen anyone do that on a Blaster.
I was out of the sport before the Blaster even showed up on the scene - but still.
I don't think I could get onto the hood-?
Now I'll have to give a try ---!

Where you at in that vid ? Looks nice.
Got a public ramp? picnicking area ? beach ?

Need video! :cool:
Easier to do on a Blaster. Careful with throttle when seated on the front. It can drive you under water in a hurry. A good bilge pump is required too. Always clean out the hull before any aerial stuff. Water sloshing in a Blaster hull can cause mid-air maneuvers to go very bad quickly. I found that out the hard way years ago. A Blaster will not sub like a stand-up!
My little Wave Jammer is the best fountain ski ever. Narrow spray but you can direct it almost straight up and move it around too for longer periods of time.
The lake is a private one at Hide Away Hills. Only registered member boats allowed. My FX1 is the last grandfathered stand-up on the lake. Skis with seats are the only ones allowed for about 30 years now.

KO - Last weekend at Chippewa Brooke was at a stop & just boobing in place when Greg Nailed her from about 30ft.

We need a GoPro to get some footage of some of the stuff that goes on out on the water!

Brooke just boobing in place-funny grammar error Sharc, or was it! lol

We need a GoPro to get some footage of some of the stuff that goes on out on the water!

Brooke just boobing in place-funny grammar error Sharc, or was it! lol

Yepper - I've got a new one coming - got a couple of mounts, a wrist strap and floaty.

FullSizeRender.jpg

This is the one pic i got .......LOL!
9:59 as I wheel in the drive Sunday morning.

Riders meeting was at 10:00 and folks were already set up in the pits getting ready to go.
Pits were prime - Track was perfect & prep was on point-

I was so giddy about the day my launching skills went into full goon mode.

While backing it in, I went too far ... She wasn't ready to get that wet - that soon.

Sending the second boat out saw it doing circles and causing general havoc at the ramp???
Let's go this way - no - let's go that way? How about we hit some rocks? How about another boat? Yeah-!

Amanda - the most balanced of us all was acting like a drunk at 3:00am????
So much so, it was catching the attention of the others at the ramp to the point of them offering help.

I'm thinking- Come on Girl -!!!! Get your s**t together... you're EMBARRASSING me.

She would fire it up, flounder around then look at me ......???

Don't look at me ? Ride the friggin boat already ....
She was trying her hardest, red in the face & not happy - I could tell.

Then it hit me...............

I had forgotten to re-attach the steering cable on the Blaster -Doh!!!
....so every time Amanda hit the start button it would take off but she had no control over it's direction.
She would kill it immediately but the few seconds of run time would send the boat moving. With no steering.
Add in 4 more boats being launched plus the waves coming at her from the lake and I had set her up to look like a ping-pong ball in a whirlpool.
She tried over and over - She tried this - she tried that -----

Of course.. I stayed cool, calm & collected standing on shore watching this all going down.

Again Sweetie ----So Sorry.
Whatever was said was not directed at you....
Me & the guys at the ramp Know you Know what your doing.
I set you up to fail.

....But .....Now , since it all worked out ......looking back, it was pretty dam funny to watch you wrestling that thing with everything you got.

Great Day - Great fun - Great Folks - !!!

- and this guy proposed to his gal too.
He had a surprise party set at the pavilion.
The two of them came around the bend in kayaks and the group was waiting with a "MARRY ME" sign setup.

Last edited:
So I talked to Eddie Candyman Karban, and he is going to make sure his Blaster is ready to go. He wants in on an upcoming group ride. He is always good for a laugh or two as well!!!

Yes, I saw that, when you know your next week's plans, let me know and I'll let Eddie know. Did you ever look at the FX1 that I sent you the link on?

Will do - We're having a riot.

Bunch of boats - 4 basters, 3 standups and a plethora of loveseats & couches to try.
Chasing each other, trying tricks and general goofing.
Pulling tubes on the couches, we want a wakeboard
Everyone's in - young & old - the girls holding some of the best badassss awards -
Lots of newbies makes for great laughs, some sore knees but mostly accomplishment.
Nice pits, great tracks, awesome prep.

Bring food and beverage - it's amazing how famished ya get out there.

Summer's fleeting fast - let's do this....

The FX-1 looks like a lemon at a knife fight - something you'ed be sporting just to show us ........
Never rode one.
Hell, these new boats are way faster than what I had - anything after 1988 is NEW to me.

After jumping on the Creampuff for the first time I felt like Humpty Dumpty...
I'm out there afraid to pull the throttle.
Every time I do, I start to wobble like a broken shopping cart wheel.
10 min into it I'm still a goon and think to myself.

Holy- s**t.....with this hot of a boat, I'm a SEA Class rider - !

Last edited:
View attachment 59007

Amanda - the most balanced of us all

You got that right! I tried to knock her of her Waveblaster numerous times yesterday and couldn't, she is solid! But she was the perfect pick for me to show everyone that it is possible to ride two up on a Waveblaster! We had sooo much doing that as she giggled like a little kid the whole time!

Fun times on the water with the moto family!

That's funny stuff Sharc, this became a Sea Class thread again!!!! I know what you mean between the boats, having a new Supercharged 1.8 liter 4 cylinder Yamaha that puts out more than 250HP and goes over 70MPH stock, it's like another world. It would be like coming from 1990 KX125 / KX250 2 strokes to the races today and seeing all of the four strokes, a whole new ball game. I love the stand up and blasters for fun in the surf, but don't get to go as much as I used to. We go out on Lake Erie all the time on the Yamaha couch and hook up the Flyboard and have at it, nothing like 250+HP to lift you in the air by your feet, how high do you want to go out of the water??? We need to get out there with you to do that, so everyone can see what that is like, it's all balance in your feet and way cool.

Anyway, make the call early for next Sunday, and let us know. After that, hockey starts and I'll be hard pressed to get out other than right down the street at home in the Rocky River. All of the weekends I want to ride MX has hockey tournaments, and the weekends I have off are weekends when there doesn't seem to be too much going on in MX.

You keep talking up that fly board - now i'm getting interested.
I say - we got some chicks that are going to slay that thing ....

It's like going from the 82 RM 250 back to the 520 -
What the hell is all this torque & HP ?????

DSC_5491-1.jpg

We want one of these too
Needs to hold 8 or more people (the bigger the better) --- and a boat to pull it....

Last edited:
After jumping on the Creampuff for the first time I felt like Humpty Dumpty...
I'm out there afraid to pull the throttle.
Every time I do, I start to wobble like a broken shopping cart wheel.
10 min into it I'm still a goon and think to myself.

Holy- s**t.....with this hot of a boat, I'm a SEA Class rider - !

You sure that steering cable was well attached?
The FX1 is the best workout ski out there. It's squirrelly 440/550 size ski that requires constant imput to balance. The hull has a bit of a V to it so it never really wants to go straight. Approximate straight by riding on on side of the hull or the other. 701 motor and smaller diameter pump, was good for 49 mph out of the box with the wild looking stock aluminum impeller. Rev limiter mod and a limited pipe would get you into the mid 50's with no jetting changes. I've run mine every year since '94 and have never had the head off. It has to have an incredible number of hours on it and it still runs great. Had the bars snap off a few years ago while jumping and I killed the stock impeller with a rock. Only damage so far. What I like best about it is the hand pole and riding position. I can ride it forever with no lower back issues. Can't say that about my other skis.
Those new high HP sit downs are fine little boats with handlebars. We had Checkmate in the 70's with Berkey pump, jetavator and a 460 Ford. No handlebars but that was a fun boat too.
The elusive FX1. A ghostly aberration arising from the depths of The Lake Of The Four Seasons.
2018-08-06 11.00.06.jpg

- that fountain of yours holds the top spot in the blaster class.
It was attempted.
You’re in no risk of being knocked out soon.

- that fountain of yours holds the top spot in the blaster class.
It was attempted.
You’re in no risk of being knocked out soon.

So true!
KO1 I attempted one on Sunday but it was weak at best! I'm going to have to gain another 50lbs or more for me to be able to do a decent fountain on a Waveblaster!

Back